PSM Hospital, Kalol offers quality care and treatment for various infectious diseases & medical illnesses. The department of Infectious Diseases at PSMH hospitals, Kalol has a group of specialist doctors and allied health staff who are dedicated in providing patient-centred, evidence-based medical care in a clinical environment.
We Treat :
- Geriatric medicine especially frail elderly patients at risk for frequent hospitalization, increased morbidity and mortality, multiple co-morbid conditions, altered mental status including dementia, infections, incontinence, frequent falls, osteoporosis etc.
- Complicated Malaria, Dengue, Chickenguniya and other tropical infections
- HIV/AIDS and associated opportunistic infections, failure of anti-retroviral therapy and its complications.
- Septicemia and septic shock associated multi-organ failure.
- Fever in ICU, multi-drug resistant bacterial infections, post-operative fever, non resolving ventilator associated pneumonia, catheter related infections.
- Fever of unknown origin.
- Fever in travellers around the world and unusual infections.
- Fungal infections like Candidiasis, Aspergillosis etc.
- Hardware infections in orthopaedics after joint replacement, bone infections, CNS shunt infections after neurological procedures etc.
- Deep seated infections like Renal and peri-nephric abscess, other intra-abdominal infections, lung abscess, cerebral abscess etc.